- In operation since 2009, Outright Entertainment is a fully insured and licensed, professional Calgary entertainment company providing truly personalized DJ Services, Special Effects, Live Performers, and Photobooths for special events and weddings in Calgary and surrounding areas. Please note that we are proud to be an inclusive wedding vendor, and to be working with wedding couples of all cultures, races, and orientations.
- We were absolutely thrilled to have won the Customer Service Excellence Award for Calgary Small Business week 2014 with the Chamber of Commerce. Our recent awards also include the prestigious Couple’s Choice Award from Wedding Wire for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 as determined by reviews from our past clients. This award recognizes Outright Entertainment as amongst the top 5% of wedding professionals nationwide.
- ‘Personalized Music and Additions: Your Event – Your Way’
Our goal is to ensure your event fits your personal tastes and desires, and we have the experience, music, and equipment to make it happen.
Outright Entertainment was the DJ service company of choice for the closing ceremonies of WorldSkills Calgary with an audience of ~8,000 at the Calgary Stampede. Since 2009 we have performed DJ services for nearly 1000 weddings and events of all sizes in and around the Calgary area, including large scale corporate events – with over 1000 guests – for companies like McDonalds Canada, Westjet, Enterprise Rent-A-Car Alberta, Shell Canada, The Calgary Stampede and others. Please have a look at the “Reviews” section to learn more.
Mobile DJ companies often hire inexperienced DJ’s to cover their events and pay them only a small portion of the cost charged to you. Each of our DJ’s has years of previous professional entertainment experience in various industries and are personally committed to the company’s success. Although we’ve had many inquiries for positions with our company; because of our commitment to professional and reliable DJ’s, quality equipment, and a personalized client focus; only five DJ’s and event bookings are available for each date
(Please book well in advance for well sought-after dates)
We are a licensed member of the Canadian Disc Jockey Association and Connect Music Licensing and have organized our extensive digital music library to search for requests in a matter of seconds.
Our Music Collection is vast, high quality, up to date and digital, with nearly 100,000 songs covering nearly all genres and dating back to the 50’s. Whether you’re looking to host an event with a variety of mainstream top 40, retro, hip-hop/funk, country, classic rock, 70’s disco, house/rave, most any type of music genre or variety – we’ve got you covered. We’re also more than happy to work with you to include cultural music preferences specific to you and your guests if applicable.
Outright Entertainment uses top of the line equipment for all of our Calgary DJ events (Mackie speakers, Shure Microphones, Apple Software, etc). We believe our commitment to quality equipment will help ensure a good quality sound and experience at your event.
- Back ups of all necessary equipment are brought to all of our events to account for any unlikely technical issues and ensure your events success.
Because we realize that many are working with specific budgets, our standard pricing is easily accessible through our instant quote system. However, Please consider that every DJ and entertainment company will offer a different experience or level of service and it is for this reason that we do not recommend simply ‘price-shopping’ for the most inexpensive DJ service.
Our Tips and Advice When Considering a DJ Service:
Considering a DJ service for your wedding, corporate or social event? We’d like to offer some tips and advice to help ensure you find a professional and reliable service that best suits your needs. Some important considerations include:
- Do they have references from recent clients? (Reviews should be available on independent online review sites such as google and wedding wire).
- How many hours will they play for? How much is overtime? Is dinner/background music included?
- For weddings, do you get to meet well in advance and discuss the evening with the DJ that will be performing your wedding? (You will often meet the owner who then sends out a DJ for the event. Be firm that you want to meet the actual DJ if it’s important to you).
- Are they professional, interactive and fun, or just cheesy? (You can get a sense of this when you meet them)
- Is the DJ present for dinner and speeches to adjust the music and microphone?
(Especially important for wedding services as guests speak throughout dinner)
- If they use hard drives and software for their music, are they copyright licensed by the AVLA (Audio-Video Licencing agency) for it?
- Do they have liability insurance coverage?
- Do you get a sense that they are reliable enough for your important day? Do they have a back-up DJ if needed?
- Do they properly mix the music to ensure a good dance flow throughout?
– Having a DJ that understands how to read the crowd and use proper mixing techniques will be crucial to your dance party.
– Great danceable songs smoothly transitioning from one song to the next is what will keep your guests dancing all night!
- Do they specialize in DJ/Entertainment services, or do they also focus on a number of other unrelated services? (Companies providing DJ services along with videographers, limosines, etc are often looking to make larger revenues as opposed to specializing in any particular service).
Obviously price is an important factor with any service, but we strongly recommend to consider what equipment, time, type of service and DJ are included in any low cost DJ service to ensure you’ve made a proper comparison. Again, are they licensed, insured, reliable, experienced? If you consider these points when comparing any potential DJ services, we are confident you will be more likely to find the DJ service that best suits your needs.